LifeLine Animal Project at DeKalb currently has the following job openings:
- Customer Service Representative
- Animal Care Attendant
Scroll down to read more information about each job and how to apply. All candidates must pass a background check and drug screening.
Customer Service Representative
The customer services representative position is responsible for greeting and assisting Shelter visitors (in-person or by phone or email.) This employee must use excellent, in-depth knowledge of Shelter operations, resources and procedures. Must communicate with all visitors, volunteers and coworkers with professionalism, respect and compassion. This is a full-time position. Weekly work schedule includes some weekend and evening hours.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide timely and accurate information to visitors.
- Treat animals with respect and compassion.
- Educate visitors concerning good pet ownership, LifeLine resources and DeKalb County pet requirements.
- Perform data entry.
- Answer phones and emails promptly. Provide accurate information or refer visitors to appropriate departments for service.
- Complete transactions with efficiency and accuracy. Handle cash and credit transactions.
- Maintain an organized and clean office.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by Shelter management.
Skills, Knowledge and Education:
- Priority on visitor satisfaction
- Problem solving
- Love of animals
- Demonstrated communication excellence
- Teamwork orientation
- Technical capacity to use email, Shelter software applications and all office equipment
- Cash handling and receipt balancing experience
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize tasks
Animal Care Attendant
LifeLine Animal Project, Inc. is currently seeking a Kennel Attendant at the DeKalb County Animal Services facility in Decatur, Georgia. Kennel Attendants are responsible for cleaning cages and kennels, feeding animals, processing animals during intake, assisting people looking for their lost pets and assisting customers who are interested in adopting a pet. Other duties may include washing dishes, doing laundry, unloading dog food, assisting with euthanasia and other tasks as assigned.
- Previous animal related employment experience required. Examples of previous experience include employment at an animal shelter, veterinary clinic, doggy daycare or other animal related business where you had hands-on experience with animals.
- Ability to stand for extended periods (8 hours a day) and to bend and reach to perform assigned work activities. Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Ability to interact with impounded dogs, cats and other animals including vicious, stray, sick or injured animals. Ability to determine which animals are aggressive.
- Ability to handle seeing and dealing with animals that have been abused, neglected or treated cruelly.
- Ability to learn/perform a variety of animal care related work activities.
- Must be available to work early mornings and on weekends.
- Must pass background check and drug screening.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- High school diploma or GED required.